Friday 9 November 2012

:D

So I should probably mention that I'm staying in a super, super dangerous area. I can't remember if I said so before, but if not, well, I am.

I'm minutes away from Union Square, which for those who don't know what that means, and to quote the historic Tramcar driver yesterday; shopping, shopping, shopping.

I went toWestfield (is that a thing here? I thought it was Australian o.O) with a Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom and heaps of those kinds of stores. There's a Forever21, Sephora and Lush (BAM! Right next to a Burger King) etc. I also found my first Icing by Claire's which was so great and I enjoyed that massively. Going back to that store in LA for suresies.

So today I bought a ton of jewellery, makeup, jackets/cardigans (Francesca's has done it again!) and 3 travel sized shower gels from Bath and Body orks (for only $10!!! WHAT? Sooo going to buy hundreds more before I come home). Spent a few hundred, but I'm so okay with that because of how much I got for that! Like, at pandora, there was a charm I bought for Emerica that was $40 but would be about $60 at least back home. Bargain!

So I also decided that San Fran would be the city for shopping, and San Diego would be the city for attractions and activities and doing stuff.  And I'm SO psyched for San Diego like omg.

You guys are gonna be so jeal when you see everything I bought today. SO JEAL.

My only regret is I bought these FANTASTIC nail polishes that changed colour depending on temperature (mood changing haha), and another few that are magnetic so you can change the designs as they dry to become a pattern because there's pieces of iron shards or something in them, but then had to return them a few hours later coz I realised I still don't know the deal with flammables/nail polish on planes. I was so devo as I returned them. DEVO.

7 comments:

  1. I would have kept the nail polish, as long as you pack it in suitcase not carry. They sell nail polish inflight, if anything the cargo hold is colder than the cabin temperature. What ever you do don't say you have flammable goods either in relation to the nail polish only. I'm jeal already and I haven't even seen your shopping yet!
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey knowing what you are going to get up to in San Diego is just as hard for me here at this end to keep quiet. Remember what I said to think about when the time comes.
    You did good on the shopping too. Mumma xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldnt you just send the nail polish home in a package? Thats totally not illegal...right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that would be my last option only coz I'd have to waste money and it would take ages but it's fine if done via ground/ship. But I reckon it'll be fine in my check in luggage LA to Sydney. Any OPI colours you particuarly keen on? I can get you a bottle as your souvenir if you like! (most souvenirs are being bought in LA so I didn't have to lug them around the country)

      Delete
    2. Good point. Aww you are too sweet... I like anything. But you really dont have to :) When are you home, we need to go to scones and milkshales again!

      Delete
  4. Hi Emma, you did not have to return the Nail polish. You can bring them on the plane only in your "Checked in luggage" just make sure that they are closed tight and wrapped in plastic. This is how some 'Dangerous goods' like Nail polish (falammablity hazard) can be transported.
    I enjoyed reading your blog; love your Alcatraz experience with all AUSSIESS...

    GOOD LUCK!
    Pushpa Jagadish
    Australia Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pushpa! Long time no speak!

      Thank you SO MUCH for this info, I was feeling super stressed about bringing it back because I was going to put it in my check in and say no to if I had dangerous goods but I haaaate lying and would have been scared I'd get fined/busted if caught xD

      And yay for sharing isolation with convict-descendants! It was probably a sign that we were right at home in jail aka Australia of the 1800s!

      Delete