Thursday 15 November 2012

Seaworld!

Getting there was such a trek and was really hard for me simply coz I really, really hate public transport. I had to catch two buses there and back and my first bus of the day, I had a new driver who didn't completely know the route. So that made me feel nice and calm.

But the ride back was super easy and much faster so all good there :)

I don't know why this keeps happening to me, but it's like whatever I dress for in the morning, the weather thinks it'll be funny to do a 180. Like, when I was on the East Coast, I mostly wore my 3/4 leggings or 1/2 jeggings, and would be freezing while everyone else wore their jeans. I wore my jeans to San Diego Zoo and everyone's wearing 3/4 or 1/2 pants while I'm semi-melting. I wear my 1/2 pants today and what do you know? Overcast, chilly wind and the first day in forever I didn't bother to pack a jumper. I even went so far as to take my gloves out of my backpack. Damn.

But the weather ended up being really, really good because it scared most of the crowd away from Seaworld I think! There were times when I wished I had a jumper but for the most part I was okay. Even when I had my hand in water such as when I PATTED A DOLPHIN and a few dozen MANTA RAYS and went on the Journey to Atlantis ride (twice!). For that ride, there was literally no one else there, so when my ride finished, they asked if I wanted to go again and despite being soaked and freezing, I'm not stupid, so I said yes and I went again xD I didn't even bother hopping off.


 
Manta Ray, my best bud

lol crazy random shot I took


















Speaking of rides multiple times, I went on this one epic rollercoaster at the beginning of the day and loved it so much that I went on 4 times in a row coz there was no one else there. I had to stop eventually because I kept blacking out at the same portion of the ride in the last 3 goes. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

My poor brain.

And I saw tons of shows! I saw Shamu, some dolphins and this adorable Christmas story thing where a sea otter took Santa's Naughty/Nice list and a sea lion helped the main dude get it back. But my favourite show was this pets one where the family went away for a few hours, so the dog had a party and invited all his friends (cats, dogs, pigs, ducks, a completely random but cute kangaroo...) and they decorate the house/stage with Christmas stuff. It's hard to explain but it was very cute. I took vids.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun, except for the cold weather. Patting a dolphin however makes up for the lousy weather fiftyfold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG so much awesome! Yay rides and dolphins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww that is so cool!! And yay vids!!

    ReplyDelete