Sunday 4 November 2012

Highlights of Seattle

Friday: bought several dresses, a cardi and a scarf (excellent for wearing back home this December) at my new favourite store, Francesca's Collection, then spend the rest of the day at the movies. Marathoned Hotel Transylvania, Wreck-it Ralph and Pitch Perfect. I had absolute NO idea what Pitch Perfect was about, but I ended up loving it so much. Now, having seen the trailers post-movie, I realise I would not have chosen to see it coz it looks like another Step Up or Bring it On film. But no, it (and Wreck-it Ralph) was/were fantastic. Favourite Seattle day.

Sunday: Bought many, many things at Bill Speidel's Underground Tour gift shop. Successfully found 6 books (mostly hardcover) that I love at Pike's Place Market for $45. Strangely enough, I found a near-mint condition Blinky Bill book with an inscription from 1985. In America. Blinky Bill.

I know.

6 comments:

  1. DUDE HOW WAS THE UNDERGROUND?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Twas okay. Not as OMG AMAZING as I thought it'd be but it was still good. I spent a fair bit in the gift shop however. I loved the part about how they shipped all their shit to Tacoma coz they're rivals, just days after I'd been there myself thinking how pretty the city was haha.

      Delete
  2. I think this means that your blog is set to continue! YOU LISTENED TO ME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. But I'm definitely less excited writing it now

      Delete
  3. Underground? Blinky Bill...?

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blinky Bill is an Australian... character. Thing. Basically, we all grew up with him, which is why it is so mind-boggling to find an original print book of his in America. I asked the bookstore lady about it and she reckons someone must have brought it over and then donated it, but still. So weird....!

      Delete