Tuesday 13 November 2012

San Diego Zoo

Is where I was today. I only managed to cover the Lost Forest (which is huge) and half the Urban Jungle, but I got a 7 day pass for the zoo, the safari and Sea World so I'll probs come back on Sunday. I also got the Backstage Pass so I got to play with rhinos and flamingoes and cheetas and a whole bunch of other animals that I can't remember the names of. They were so cute! I wanted to take them all home xD
 
Oh oh oh but fun story, I was standing behind a wall of glass watching some monkeys or apes or whatever, for quite some time because they were so hilarious and fascinating to watch (okay, also because they reminded me of Titan and Jas - which pretty much every animal did in one way or another), and after a while, one of them just suddenly runs straight up to where I'm staying from way, way away. He then throws himself back-to-the-glass just like below and then turns his head to stare at me over his shoulder.
 
 
 
And naturally, I'm like 'kk?' but the guy next to me (who I think is a keeper since he recognised which one it was) said that Junior (le ape's name) wanted a backstratch. So I stood there and rapped my knuckles on the glass so that the vibrations went through and the monkey just stood there like that for a few minutes enjoying it until apparantly I stopped doing it right and moved on to possible-keeper-guy and pressed its hip to the glass as if to say 'no, here'. I'm not even kidding. You can't make stuff like this up.
 
 
 
And here's a photo of a photo of me petting/feeding a somethingorotheritsalongnamebutitsadistantrelativetothebobcat. I had this one printed complimentarily, the others were put on a CD so I can't see them until I'm home :( Shame, since my face as a rhino eats from my hand or as I'm preened by a very affectionate flamingo is quite hilarious. Maybe I'm born with it. Or maybe it's Maybelline.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see all the photos. Especially if they look like our babies. Glad you got to go behind the scenes. Always facinating. Have fun at the Safari park and Sea World. See if the blue transport carts for the kiddies are still working. We have a picture of you in one of those all those years ago when we last went to Sea World in Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU HAD A PHOTO OF IT THIS WHOLE TIME???????????????????// WHY HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS? HAVE YOU NOT HEARD MY REMINISCING OF THESE CARTS? But yes, I had the same idea! Was going to take a photo when/if I found them :)

      Delete